Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Introduction

Hello! My name is Rebecca Gerard, and I am a graduate student at the University of Florida. Welcome to my professional blog.  I have and will be posting assignments from various colleges classes I take in order to earn my masters degree in reading.  Most are learning logs from required and recommended readings. 

My family lives in the Florida panhandle.  We live about five minutes from the most beautiful, peaceful beaches.  The beach is one of my favorite places to be.  I grew up in western New York State, and I have also lived in the Tampa Bay area and southern Alaska. 

I received my Bachelors degree from St. John Fisher College, and then went on to teach at a local head start for three years.  I have taught kindergarten for three years in Florida.  I am currently homeschooling my seven year old daughter.  This spring, I will be teaching readers theater to a small group of six through nine year olds at the homeschool coop we attend. 

I enjoy cooking, sewing, swimming, and spending time with my family.  We have one cat and two miniature dachshunds. 

One day, I hope to write children's books, become a reading coach, or teach college classes.








No comments:

Post a Comment