Monday, March 24, 2014

OAR 3





Instead of using My Education Lab for my OAR, I viewed videos on teachingchannel. I found several videos on motivation in literacy and posted a few of them above. The first video talked about motivation in general terms while the other two videos discussed using creative movement and technology as motivators for students. Creative movement and technology seem to be things that students really enjoy engaging in, and if tied into literacy, I could see a big benefit to creating that motivation they need. I'm not of what other questions where asked on MyEducLab, but feel free to ask away.


I'm using think alouds as my strategy for my comprehension strategy paper and project. I decided to use this strategy because I felt that it's vitally important for us, as teachers, to model our thinking as we read to our students, no matter the age of our students. Also I feel that it's important for students to be able to tell us about their thinking as they read so that we can help better guide students towards become more effective readers. I have used think alouds in my teaching over the years, but I think it's something that I can improve upon. I would like my current and future students to benefit from having a teacher who is very effective at using think alouds as a strategy and teaching them to us the strategy as well. The student I am working with for this project seems to understand what she's reading, but has a hard time verbalizing what she's reading or why she does certain things as she's reading along. I think it would really benefit her to use this strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment