Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Teachers as Readers: Some of the ways I use the new literacies

This chapter got me thinking about the ways I use the new literacies.

    • I have had my own personal blog for several years and still maintain it.  I have used it mainly as a diary.  I enjoy looking back on what I've shared through my blog.
    • My daughter and I are working on a big geography project that we are documenting through a blog.  Others seem to enjoy looking at the blog and seeing the progress.  It's a nice way to share what we are learning with our family and friends (especially since more of them live far from us), and also share what we've received from our family and friends in the mail.  
    • I have used blogs to share my assignments for several classes including this one
    • I'm frequently using the internet to gain more information for a variety of reasons (personal interest, class related, etc.).
    • Creating youtube videos such as this one: Scary and fun night
    • using glogster, weebly, and other similar programs
    • Social media websites such as facebook
    • Participating on bulletin boards (professionally and personal interests)

No comments:

Post a Comment